Specialize in E & E

When your co-worker calls you over to the water cooler to tell you he got a raise, don’t be that person who retorts, “Well don’t get too happy ‘cause they gave me one and demoted me 3 months later…for nothin’.” No! You widen your eyes, hold your mouth agape, then ENCOURAGE and congratulate like it happened to you - EMPATHIZE.


When your girlfriend calls you over and she’s crying telling you how her man cheated, lied, and humiliated her, don’t be that person who retorts, “I told you, I told you, I told you he was a dog. I knew this was gonna happen to you but you didn’t want to listen. I mean I do feel for you but…” No (because you probably wanted him too at one point)! You get out the Kleenex and cry with EMPATHY too, have your arms wide open to comfort, and ENCOURAGE.

Let’s see what God says: Romans 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice [sharing others' joy], and weep with those who weep [sharing others' grief].

There ya go! Avoid hefty fines by staying out of the “Hater Zones” with Empathy and Encouragement (E&E).

T~Rev T~Rev

Posted by Travis "T~Rev" Carter | at 1:34 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment