Bridging The Gap: Parent-to-Child Tip 1

I want to share with you the exact text I sent my son randomly this morning - "Forrest since U were 1 I could clearly C U were born for Greatness & Leadership. So say this affirmation aloud now as to put it into the universe so UR brain hears it".
His response was - "Thanks dad! I did that. I Love You".

When I felt my Spirit tugging me to send him that message I was conflicted to do so when I also heard the 'enemy' in my mind say, "He'll think you're corny, laugh at you, and will be too embarrassed to say that in front of his friends." Boy was the 'enemy' ever wrong about me and my son's relationship! God prevailed with His unction and the opposite response resulted.

I want to share a scripture that I want you parents (young, old, and future) to chew on - Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way that he/she should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. So how should we translate that? First, we all know what the word train means and that we should be teaching integrity, strong character, morals and values and being consistent so that good habits form. However, this Proverb is also talking about and puts major emphasis on your child's career. That word train in its original Greek form (chanak) means to instruct, which we spoke on above, inaugurate, imbue, and put something into one's mouth.

  • Inaugurate -1. make a formal beginning of  2. to induct into office with formal ceremonies; install 3. to introduce into public use with some formal ceremony
  • Imbue - to impregnate or inspire as with feelings, opinions
  • Put somethings into one's mouth - (I'll explain this in the wrap up below)

Since the word inaugurate was used then we know we have to help our kids find their 'office' or 'work' in life. How do we do that? Well, from the beginning (or from this point) , start studying your children's tendencies, habits, and words like you're a scientist and they're lab rats. I assure you that you will pick up on their passions, talents, and what their heart is bent towards. When you notice it simply start directing them towards and facilitate a way that they can access activities that lend themselves to their talent. Next you imbue or inspire and impregnate them with your heartfelt opinions. Compliment their feats and tell them how wonderful they'll be in that office continually so they can get past the tribulations they'll face during the journey. 
Alas you want to Put somethings into one's mouth (your child) by speaking positive things to them and over them (not fabrications or wishes but true qualities) and have them speak them aloud so their brain registers it. They eventually start believing it, want to live up to it, and they will not depart from it.

If you hang around me for any length of time you'll not only hear me say I connect with the youth very well but you'll see it. I get along with all of my kids in an amazing way. I believe it's a God-given ability and insight to be the biggest encourager in the world. My heart is to help other parents bridge the vast gaps that can exist between them and there children. I promise you doing this not only betters your children's personal future but will better society's, the economy's, and relieve a boat load of stress on you.

Go back to my aforementioned text please - my son wants to go to a D1 college to play football and major in communications...We BOTH HAVE SAID he will from the beginning.

In Jesus Name... T~Rev, T~Rev

Posted by Travis "T~Rev" Carter | at 12:46 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment